Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is the most effective anti-acne treatment?

Proactic works well for me...its expensive, but its the only thing thats actually made a difference!What is the most effective anti-acne treatment?
Steaming your face 1 a week followed by a toner called witch hazel...Trust me ive been doing this since I was 11...my face was my carear! details...e-mail me...moeeeewwwwwWhat is the most effective anti-acne treatment?
mary kay acne treatment. kinda expensive, but it works well.
I had a somewhat difficult time with acne when I was a teenager. I tried everything, including prescription stuff, and it would always seem to work at first and then stop working. It was like my face got used to it and the acne was still able to beat it. I remember when salicylic acid came onto the scene and was the fad treatment. Here's what I learned:


Don't exfoliate or use scrubs. It is too harsh and will only irritate the acne more.


Use products with benzoyl peroxide. It goes after the bacteria that is causing the acne. The best stuff is probably the oldest brand on the market, Oxy. I use the maximum strength wash, which is 10% benzoyl peroxide, the most you can get over the counter, I believe. The spot treatment is also good. It dries them out quickly.


Use completely oil-free makeup, if you use makeup. I recently discovered Bare Minerals, that stuff they have the infomercial for. It's worth every penny, and since it's a powder, it helps to dry out the pimples.


Good luck! Hopefully one of these tips might help!

No comments:

Post a Comment