Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How effective is LASER ACNE treatment?

I've tried many creams and over the counter products, I've gotten prescription cream from dermatologists, and I even used Proactiv Solution before (which didn't work for me).





So, I'm looking into getting laser-acne treatment, which I'm hoping would be my last resort.





I have a mild case of acne on my face, nothing severe though.





So before getting laser acne treatment, could someone tell me if its effective at all? Like does it completely rid of the acne


after the procedure is done? How does it work and how much does it cost?How effective is LASER ACNE treatment?
The thing with laser treatment is that it gets rid of scarring, but in no way is it an actual treatment for the acne itself, meaning when the acne comes back you will have to do it again for future scarring. It's a superficial treatment only. Most people who have this done do it after they have been able to get the acne under control and their skin to the best point they can first.





Cost varies greatly from place to place, so I would schedule a consult with someone in your area. Because insurance does not cover it, they will give you an estimate up front at your consult.





I have not had laser work for acne, but I am doing it for permanent hair removal. For my armpits, bikini area and full legs, it cost $300.00 per treatment for the first two times. I am told it will take 2 or more times, and the cost will go down as treatment time needed goes down, but there is already a huge difference in that the hair growth has slowed down tremendously. I know that tells you nothing really, but I am thinking that since you are only talking about your face, it would not cost that much.How effective is LASER ACNE treatment?
Thanks! With hair, you have to do it a lot of times to kill the hair at the root so it stops growing. For what you are doing, it should be much easier. Report Abuse

Depends on what kind of laser tx. There's IPL (intesnse pulsed light therapy) which requires about 6 tx or so and can cause you to get worse before you get better but will also help with scarring. These procedure cost about $200-$350.


Or you can do a laser tx where they put a chemical onyour skin first that reacts with your sebacious glands (oil prodcuing glands) and then do a laser tx that reacts with the chemical and actually shrinks those glands. I'm not sure of the cost of that or what exactly it's called(sorry), But you can find out by researching online i'm sure. Good Luck.


Yuo should also look into some mild chemical peels also. That really helped me with my mild acne.
ask on the acne.org forums


they are by far the best source for guiding you, they will send you and explain you everything about it, WITH people who have tried laser theatment before and can tell you what where there results.


hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment