Friday, December 25, 2009

Is there an EFFECTIVE over-the-counter or home remedy treatment for adult acne?

I have tried Proactiv and AcneFree and Clearasil and Biore and Clean%26amp;Clear and Neutrogena. None of them worked after months of use. I am 23 and have had acne since I was 11. My insurance doesn't cover acne medication and it's really expensive, so that's not an option, unfortunately. My acne is severe, sometimes the pimples get so inflamed that they are more like a cyst and really painful. If I have one on my chin or around my mouth I cannot open my mouth all the way because the acne hurts so much. Do you know of an over-the-counter or home remedy for adult acne? Where can I find it and how expensive is it?Is there an EFFECTIVE over-the-counter or home remedy treatment for adult acne?
Cystic type acne really does require an antibiotic but the ones that are normally prescribed are fairly inexpensive if you request generic.





I have been able to control pimples but not the cystic type acne with home remedies.Is there an EFFECTIVE over-the-counter or home remedy treatment for adult acne?
Im not sure that over the counter applications are very effective. I had acne as a teenager and the only treatments that worked for me were those prescribed by a doctor. I think it needs to be a powerful drug or lotion to get totally rid of it. Im not sure whether what you eat might make the condition worse. I'll have a look in my 'healthy eating' book and let you know if I find anything!
I'm sorry.


Try Homoeopathy first. it will not be nearly as expensive and the practitioner will get to the base cause - maybe your liver.


Try acupuncture - this can be a very effective alternative.


I wish you all success - acne is a curse. But can be overcome.


Some great actors have had acne. And seem to have dealt with the problem.
for some zits, i put toothpaste or deoderant on it and it dries up and shrinks throughout the day and night


hope this helps!
try taking toms,,and dont eat tomatoes. sounds like something is breaking you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment